Sunday, May 13, 2012

Farewell to Fort Lauderdale


Every year in May, I go to the annual ARVO meeting - Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. For the last 11 years, I've been attending this meeting in Fort Lauderdale, but much to everyone's dismay, it will no longer be held in Fort Lauderdale. Here is my post from the ARVO blog as my final farewell.

What will you miss?
by Lisa Ostrin

With our final Fort Lauderdale ARVO now over, I am wondering what everyone will be missing about our yearly meeting place, the last 11 years for me, and many more for others. Perhaps it is the conference center, where we know exactly where the strongest wi-fi and best snacks are.
015
013
014
Perhaps it is familiar places to stay.
020
Perhaps it is your favorite places to meet and drink.
017
018
019
022
021
Well, I know what I will NOT miss – all the beautiful and inspiring people, because for sure, we will meet again in another corner of the world.
Photobucket
What will you miss? Until next year!

No comments: